Friday, January 12, 2007

A New Semester

Wow. I shouldn't talk about how fast time flies because that's a sign of age, right? But Christmas break just disappeared. Truly. And we've just finished our first three days of the new semester. Amazing!

How sad that I can't post more than once a month--even while on vacation. I don't think I'm cut out for blogging/to blog/the blogger world. (I'm still trying to find all of the various ways to use the word BLOG.) It's pressure! :-) I am so grateful, though, to see my former students--and so many of them have beautiful, precious children now. Wow--have you seen Alicia and Matt's incredible daughter? Or Karen and Nathan's little jewel? And Carissa and Brent's extraordinary little clan? (I shouldn't start listiing--I'll inevitably leave out someone/many.) Participating in the world of blogs (ha) is definitely worth it if I get to communicate with/see them.

Back to North Greenville--I would say that 88% of the students I've asked have told me that they're not ready to be back. I consider that quite positive. (It's a B on our ten-point scale!) And the other 12%? Nope, they're still on vacation. The seniors, of course, are happy to be back: they know they're on the last leg of a really long race. But the freshmen--they look cranky. And I practically have to pry their cell phones out of their little hands--they LOVE texting. (And they are really, really good at sending messages during class.) I'm so old I can remember passing notes--now that's old!

Enough. I'm rambling; I think I will write up an outline before I attempt to blog again. (And THEN, I'll make sense.)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You are too funny! Reading your blog puts a grin on my face and whisks me back to memories of your classroom wittiness and humor. I find it more difficult that I thought it would be to keep my personality in my blog-writing. (how's that for use of the word blog?)

Wow, I feel honored that we were listed first and that Chloe is referenced as "incredible"! She is incredibly cranky today as her molars push their way through her stubborn gums.

Hope the school bug bites you again soon! It's no fun being in school when you don't want to be there.

Matt & Nicki said...

I'm just glad to see a new post-rambling or not. Don't give up the blogging thing so quickly. All of us former students are thoroughly enjoying being able to read your posts. I think you have the record for number of comments in just three posts-keep 'em comin'!

Holly said...

I'm glad to see a new post (although my family was not listed). =) I kept checking your blog, hoping you had not abandoned this new venture already!

christina said...

i never had the pleasure of being your student, but i was thoroughly jealous of those that were. i do remember listening to you speak at random northland girl gatherings and i remember you were quite a hoot. i found your blog through a "comment trail" and i'm glad i did. i can always use a good laugh...the cell phone entry was quite a crack up. keep the entries coming. i love to find the humor in everyday situations. i have a feeling you do that well.

christina (tally) hairgrove